The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Prosport wideband & volt

Hondakiller

I just got a prosport wideband gauge. But not sure how to wire up the read wire for the gauge.

Wiring instruction:
Red-12v Accessory power
Black- Ground
Yellow- 12v power
Now this one
Grey- Output signal off the O2 sensor.

So do I splice into one of the wires off the O2 sensor? Or.

Wideband user's:
If you intend on having this gauge work like a wideband will need to install the grey wire on a LC-1(or somthing similar) out put signal. You will also need to change the setting on the back of the gauge to 0~5 volts.

Now what is a LC-1?
I have a scanmaster 3 can I wire the gauge to that?

Thanks
Matt

Rausch

Lc-1 is a wideband O2 setup. 0-5v sensor, etc. click

To pull a narrow band signal (regular O2), you need to tap the signal wire somewhere between the sensor and the ECU.

Last edited:

citymunky

+1

I have a LC-1,I tapped into the O2 signal right off the ECU yellow connector. Just find pin-out diagram for the ECU and the rest should be cake.

broxma

The LC-1 is a specific sensor controller made by Innovative. The 3 wire sensors will not be wideband sensors.

The LC-1 is actually the controller unit. The O2 sensor itself is nothing more than the OEM sensor from the 1.8T Volkswagen. You can get the sensor at Advance/VatoZone for like 50 bucks.

The LC-1 requires power ground, and a calibration ground. The output is 0-5v and connects to the O2 input on the Prosport gauge. The Prosport gauge has a switch on the back which switches the voltage range from 0-1 to 0-5, in other words, narrow band to wideband. In addition, you can also turn on or off the initial start up voltage display in either O2 range.

If you connect your three wire to the prosport gauge, switch it to narrow band (0-1v). If you get an LC-1, you'll switch it to the other voltage.

/brox

Hondakiller

Ok thanks I was confused with a/f was wideband. Dont have everthing to do wideband. But I have the gauge hook up as a/f and volt. But thanks for clearing it up.

If you have the prosport wideband kit, which includes a wideband sensor, you don't need anything else. Not sure how you ended up with just the gauge if that's the case unless you bought it used.

click

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned