The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Project Log: #594 - 600-650 awhp or BUST!!!

Yea i actually saw this thread a while back. I kind of like the checker board ones, and they were only $40.00 shipped, but im sure the quality and fitment will be terrible. If i hate the checkered ones i will definitely invest in a set of those, thanks for providing that thread. Im a big fan of your car by the way, love that thing.

Minor update:
- Went and bought some half assed suede fabric, since this is the first time i have ever attempted to wrap anything i figured it would probably be a better idea to ruin the cheaper stuff. Anyways, i finished the drivers side of the car, and i think it turned out alright. The center console is going to be tough, im not too sure if i can do it, but il give it a shot. A good friend of mine does upholstery and interior work on super cars, so if i biff the center console il probably ship it to him. Tomorrow i will finish the passenger side and install everything, and maybe try the center console, well see.

::::Here is what i started with (you cant really tell in the original pics, but the a and b pillars are pretty scratched up, which is why i decided to wrap them).
DSC00413.jpg

::::In the process::::

DSC00415.jpg

DSC00419.jpg

::::Finished product:::: Pics kinda suck, you cant really see the material

DSC00416.jpg

DSC00421.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

GolfBall

looking good boss. keep them pics coming.

Thanks man, its builds like yours and a few others that inspire me to dive into things. This is the first car of mine that i have ever personally worked on. I was too afraid of messing up my evo, its a great learning experience though. I was afraid that i was posting too many pics of stupid things, but i guess il just continue doing what im doing.

bustedsm

The suede setup is EXACTLY what I'm going to be doing to 808 this summer. Looks awesome. Excited to see more pictures and progress!

Thanks man, you should definitely do it, the pillars were not nearly as hard as i anticipated. The center console is a different story, and im about ready to kill myself.

- I finished up all the pillars today, the only thing left to do is the trim around the headliner, and the actual headliner itself. I knew the center console was going to be hard, and i would say that it is one of the more frustrating things i have done in my life, but it will be done, i can assure that. When i get home from school tomorrow i will finish up the center console, and if i have time before work i will install everything to see how it looks. If i have enough time to suede the headliner before its suppose to get the swap done then i will, if not its just going to have to wait until the swap is done, thanks for looking, Daryl.

DSC00420.jpg

::::Iv got about this far on both sides and the top, its a little dirty from me constantly touching everything:::

DSC00436.jpg

DSC00437.jpg

::::Me in the dungeon at my house, very miserable::::

DSC00449.jpg

Hahah almost done with the center console, if i knew it was going to take this long i would have never started it.

DSC00453.jpg

DSC00454.jpg

DSC00455.jpg

4thStroke

I used a suede like material on my head liner and center console. The center console has faded pretty badly, while the head liner still looks the same.

I hope yours doesn't fade, that's a lot of work you just went through.

Ahhh noo, i never even thought about that. If it fades its getting professionally re-done. After doing this i have way more respect for and type of upholsterer.

RedTwo

That's not too bad - I might consider that or flocking like cheekychip - you know, to cover up all that mold I've got growing on my console /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Put everything back in the car, even though i didn't get around to the headliner yet. Tomorrows the big day, i will be dropping the car off at my friends garage when i get off work, which means its time for some real updates. Here is how the suede a/b pillars and center console turned out. I think the headliner will tie things together quite nicely. I also need to get some damn seats, the leather ones just seem so out of place.
- Im probably going to get some black floor mats, and a black suede shift boot...... so yeapp

DSC00465.jpg

DSC00475.jpg

DSC00481.jpg

DSC00483.jpg

DSC00484.jpg

DSC00492.jpg

Andy_S

I saw the suede interior and the checkered floor mats. Kinda reminds me of some project threads on vwvortex.

Minor Update: I finally ordered some wheels. I haven't ordered a set of wheels since i was 16, so im super excited. Its kind of pathetic since they are Rotas, but whatever. If i can find a set of CCW classics in the right size/offset then i will off these wheels immediately, and if not im just going to run these for the summer. If i cant find a set of Classics before this season is over then im going to order a new set from CCW next season. I found a couple used sets that went for around $1200-1600, which is a steal compared to the $2600 they want for a new set.

Onto the wheels. They're Rota Grids in 17x9+25 in Hyperblack. Iv always liked the look of concave wheels, but im used to Evos so will see how they look on a Galant. Im sure some people wont like these wheels because they are knockoffs, but o well.

Grid_17x9_4x114_3_e12_73hb_PCHB+_1+of+1_-8.jpg

Came home from work to these. They are a lot better looking in person than i thought they were going to be, even though they're Rotas. The hyper black color is pretty cool looking, and i think they will look good on the white car. Now i just need to order some Volk and TE37 stickers off ebay and slap em on......Kidding. For the price i am impressed, now its time to search for some CCW Classics, but i am happy with these for now. I love concave rims.

DSC00493.jpg

DSC00497.jpg

DSC00496.jpg

DSC00495.jpg

DSC00498.jpg

DSC00499.jpg

mitsuturbo

Do those wheels look more gunmetal in person, kinda like they do in these photos you're showing?

I didn't know a 9" wide wheel would fit under our cars!

They're a little darker than gunmetal. The color is weird, it looks gunmetal in some light conditions and a more black in others. I really like the color. I did a lot of research on the fitment before i purchased them, and i found several people running 9 inch wide rims. I know they are not going to fit easily, but i will make them fit.

mitsuturbo

Well, with that being said, I can't wait to see them on the car, in daylight.
I've been considering ordering the exact same wheels, but 1-1.5" narrower and with different offset.

Last edited:

ApexHunter

Very interested to see how these wheels fit. I've been planning on using the same diameter/width and a similar offset on my car.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned