The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Power Window not working

EgonOlsen

I connected pin 7 in the connector to a ground in the door, not the perfect solution but I failed to follow the wire to where it should get ground, hard tracing a wire through the dash.
Now only the back passengerside window dont work, the 3 others do. prolly another issue, I havent lookid into it yet.
As regards to the Etacs. As far as I understand it feed the window circuit with power upto 30 after you turned off the car so you can still close windows, but its on a seperate circuit and thats its only function as regards to the windows.
So if you take it off they still work, you just cant operate them after you turn off the car.

And Hertz, it was the connector that was faulty or the wire in it, not the mainswitch itself :p

EgonOlsen

Quoting FlyingEagle:
I learned something new today.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

and bloody hell I learned a load of new stuff about the electrics :p

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned