The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

power spark and fuel but no start?

I tried spraying starter fluid and it was making a lot of popping noises and it blew the pipe from i/c to throttle body very confused. Please help me what am I missing?

chrisfullwood

did you ever check compression, timing, did you make sure the cams are aligned correctly.
My guess is, that the timing is way off... because your firing, out the intake valve, and blowing off the throttle body pipe right, so that valve is open, when it should be closed, so, either ignition timing is ridiculously off, or your mechanical timing is off.

Triple check, that you have the cams all aligned correctly, grab one of those nifty tools, the cam alignment tool, makes it super easy (so i hear i haven't used mine yet). If your cams are aligned, then you have something wrong on the spark plug side, either the CAS is 180 degrees out maybe (someone might want to check the effect on this?) or you have the wires wrong on the posts on the coils.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned