The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Post up the worst hotside pictures you have encountered

idreamidrive

I was looking for another 14b to rebuild so I didn't have to have my car down for a week. I found one...

This is what I saw first, besides the cracked manifold...

Then I noticed this herpes goodness.

This isn't even the best part.

This is my favorite

I doubt the cartridge is any good seeing this greatness. Anybody got a clean 6cm hotside laying around?

What is the worst you have seen?

Jesus_Negros

That's the worst I've seen

gvr4ever

Wonder how many races that thing has seen. My old 1G turbo talon almost made it to 200K (original turbo) and the tired old turbo was in much better shape then that.

curtis

I win cause you can't make this sh*t up. Local GI bought an STi out west and drove it here cross country when he transferred to Ft Campbell. Said the whole time it spooled supper fast, half pulled the turbo and wanted me to finish the job install the 25g, reroute the IC pipes, fuel lines etc etc. Got it done and was super ticked about the new found power power. Sold stock STi turbo to another GI with an ej20. He brought it over and wanted me to separate it blast the housings, port the inlets and outlets etc because the bearings felt good just wanted a little more go go juice with it. This is what I found.

The factory crossover flex had when to crap and under heat and boost had wedged itself up into the scroll. You couldn't have hammered it in any tighter. Didn't come out easy.

prove_it

I've heard of the cat convertors doing that on subies, but not the flex pipes. Damn.

coyotes

Here's my stock turbo, I just pulled it off last week. Amazing it still made boost.

the manifold had some pretty big cracks in it also.

MellowVR4

OP looks like a freddy Krueger movie in their...

Turbo99

This was the 14b on Jeremy's Vr4. Looks like something resurrected from the Titanic.

4g63_3.jpg

4g63_4.jpg

strokin4dr

Damn!!!

ApexHunter

Makes me squirm. I'd just lock myself in a room with a die grinder and some good porting bits and have a little OCD fest. I don't care if they disintegrate. Can't take it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Wookalar

Someone post jenna jamesons hot side for comparison.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts