The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Post the Pics of your cage

Terrance362

I am about to send my car to a local shop so that they can do my cage. I want to still drive the car to work some days, but not everyday. I also still want room to be able to put my son and girl friend inside. I told the guy that I want a harness bar and a removable bar on the driver side. I still want to be safe when I go drag.

1941Galant

It should've been done already, but the guy's house burned down, so he has been a little preoccupied. Here's a picture of when I had the cage bent up over the summer, don't mind the black socks, it was laundry day.

number3

slugsgomoo

Quoting number3:
click

The way that the c-pillar bars and everything fit through the rear deck and along the roof passed tech for 11.49-10.0 spec? Seems like the back seat was still fairly usable with that cage. Also curious as to adding the a pillar bars to a cage like that. I don't like the way the bolt on cages go around the dash with the bend, seems like that would cause a weak point.

turbowop

I don't know if it matters, but Harry's cage was put in when the rulebooks were still requiring 11.99 and quicker needing a cage/rollbar.

Spoke to a man recently who builds roll cages and the roll "cage" in 3/1000 really isn't legal for most racing at all. Its mainly just a harness bar and roll hoop. Thats what I was told. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

And yes the back seat area is still plenty accessable to average sized people.

DR1665

I wish I could get away with a cage like these. (Although I suspect I'll be more likely to need it than most people here.)

Current Rally Amerika rules specify something to the effect of this using DOM. All tubes will stay within something like 0.25" of the shell and the gussets on the front hoop will be welded to the a-pillars.

FIA-RA2009_cage-500x258.jpg

I plan on spending between $2500-$3000 for it (and that's with the super double secret buddy discount, I'm sure). One thing's for sure, I can't wait to get this bad boy done. Hopefully by summer.

Gordian79

BOLT ON BARS ARE JUNK. Look here.
Harry's Roll bar is good from 11.49 to 10.00 If you go faster then you need a pillar bars as well as halo.a full cage for that matter.This full cage is good from 9.99 to 8.50 faster then that things get a little complicated to explain theres stock floorboard rules blah blah.You'll also need an nhra comp license if you go quicker then 9.99 or faster then 135mph check with nhra because rules are always changing.

Quoting slugsgomoo:
Quoting number3:
click

The way that the c-pillar bars and everything fit through the rear deck and along the roof passed tech for 11.49-10.0 spec? Seems like the back seat was still fairly usable with that cage. Also curious as to adding the a pillar bars to a cage like that. I don't like the way the bolt on cages go around the dash with the bend, seems like that would cause a weak point.

MitchooO

I agree bolt in bars are junk, from only dirt track racing stock classes helping my friends out bolt in bars arent a complete waste if they are reiforced like a regular weld in cage at the bolt points so they can still be bolted down easily removed for some reason, and be a little more useful than just ripping straight threw the floor pan when actually rolled over

my cage came with the car and its made for galants. so im just gonna leave it there. my car wont run fast enough to require anything better. and its a huge pita to get apart. she's tight!! i'll get more pics so you guys can talk about how gay and worthless it is.

Brianawd

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned