The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

polishing outside of a cylinder head and de-bur inside

BENE38A

Just thought i would share something ive been working on for a while now.
In between hoarding parts for my engine build im thinking about the engine looking nice as well
here it is after 30 hours.

I used an aluminum cutting bur to get at the rough cast in hard to reach spots,then alot of 240 grit wheels on the dremel to sand out most the bad casting marks and from there it was all done by hand. This head was a pretty bad example of how much of a rush mitsubishi must have been in to produce these heads. The insides were just as bad so i spent alot of time with a hammer and punch lightly knocking off all the flash, particularly in the oil returns where that and the porous casting would slow the flow of oil returning to the pan.
Going through the cylinder head and knocking off all the flash is a good move. After going through heat cycles, alot of the flash is about to fall off and if it makes into the oil system there goes your bearings. Im not going to go extremely mad with the head and glyptal or anything but ill spend more time smoothing out the oil returns so oil doesnt sit up there.
thanks for reading

BENE38A

every single one of them, those that dont do he got some cool stuff

crazydriver81

someone with too much time...obviously /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Looks good so far. I am impressed!

prove_it

Quoting BENE38A:
every single one of them, those that dont do he got some cool stuff

I'll be building a fuel injector cleaner soon.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned