The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Piston Rings

LordAthey

Okay so the whole story starts as i was driving my car got home and turned it off. Go to start it up the next morning and it sounds like a rod snapped, cause there was a long clanking noise. So i dropped the motor took it all apart come to find out all the bearings were good the rods are fine, the pistons and the cylinder walls look good as well. So while i have it apart i'm going to put new bearings and piston rings in it. Now the problem here is it has JE pistons in it. I have no idea if its bored out or not and there is no part number on the pistons. So just wondering if JE makes standard pistons or if there oversized. If there is any way to get the part number for these pistons, so i can buy rings.

Just take the piston/rod combo to a local machine shop and have them give you a measurement. Then call je and ask them to tell you where to find the P/N and then you get your rings.

Terry Posten

JE marks their stuff under the skirt on the pin boss, not on the top of the piston. At least on my JE strokers that are 40 over.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned