The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Performance Partout: #1052

NateCrisman

I picked up #1052/2000 to part out ..this is the list of "what's there" for aftermarket and notable parts:

ECMlink V3 full - with ECU - with Omni 4bar map, GM AIT, and the fancy SD sensor cable. $600 (most likely will use this myself rather than sell it)
Innovate wideband with gauge $130
Autometer 30psi boost gauge $30
Apexi Turbo timer $25

FP1 Cams - $285
Rare Mitsubishi w/ "star" valve cover - modified with -10 fittings and oil catch can setup. $150

Fuel cell - aluminum - square.."looks about 10gal" has internal level sending unit. $200
Bosch 044 external pump $100
-8 push lock fuel lines $150
Adjustable FPR w/ gauge $100
PTE 880 injectors $150

FP exhaust manifold $120 - looks like it has a tiny crack in the collector just from looking at it
PTE SCM34 turbo ????? - need to get it off the car and inspect it and measure wheels. has water lines so likely Ball bearing. internal waste gate, oil & water lines included.
3" custom exhaust system with a nice o2 housing that's flanged for mitsu turbo (internal gate) and has Vband connection at downpipes. $275
FMIC with pipes and snaps bov - looks like generic core that's not in wonderfull shape (some bent find, few dinged areas). $250

93 headlights - $200
Orange corner lights - $40 ??? is this going rate on them?

Evo8 style yellow billstien shocks w/ TIEN green lowering springs. Has fancy billet adapters for lower rear connection (not half-ass welded). Has camber plates on front. $500
Nice rear subframe setup - adjustable upper control arms with him joints, welded trailing arms, 3bolt LSD rear end from DSM. no 4ws. $300 (nice easy swap in one piece for someone with an all original 4wd GVR4)

All the stock parts are still kinda unknown....the car is a bit of a bottom of the barrel condition, and I haven't seen the underside to judge rot yet to see if the shell is salvageable or not. Seats ripped, many broken/missing interior parts, and not body panel without dents.

Seller says the motor ran, trans is actually nice, has stock clutch...and it was driven mildly. he was using for a daily driver till it got hit in the front pass corner. If all the driveline check out...I'll have a stock 6bolt engine (head looks to have upgraded crower retainers/springs, ARP's), a good stock trans (likely a 91-94 DSM style), transfercase...ect.....all that will just go up on my site as standard inventory: PerformancePartout.com

Plan is to get it to run (dead battery and fix the tune settings), so I can drive it around the shop parking lot, test the driveline, get a comp test...before starting to break it down.

If anything specifically interests you....please shoot me a TXT to 862-251-2571, hit me up on FB: Nathan Crisman, or email: [email protected]

PLEASE DONT PM ME HERE !!! I don't check in that often.

Few random cell phone pics as I was running out the door...will take "real pics" once I get it off trailer and on the lift. (gotta finish a WRX partout before I get started on this one)

IMG_4869-XL.jpg

IMG_4868-XL.jpg

IMG_4870-XL.jpg

IMG_4866-XL.jpg

IMG_4864-XL.jpg

IMG_4867-XL.jpg

IMG_4865-XL.jpg

IMG_4862-XL.jpg

Last edited:

jnava

Staff member
take the amber corners...pm you more items ill take

Eztoril

Lookin for a set of good condition shifter cables if you have them?

transparentdsm

highly interested in valve cover and catch can set up, just want to see the catch can first. is it a 3 port? is it baffled?

NateCrisman

Ill get the car off the trailer and start pulling it apart and doing the normal "clean parts/photo parts/add parts to website" process this week.

NateCrisman

SOLD LIST:
DSMlink set w/ SD parts
Amber corners
93 Headlights
Valve cover w/ catch can

Gizmovr4

Damn that was close .... almost parted out 1051 !! Since it's 1052 carry on no Juan cares /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

jnava

Staff member
Quoting Gizmovr4:
Damn that was close .... almost parted out 1051 !! Since it's 1052 carry on no Juan cares /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

ISWYDT

NateCrisman

Updated SOLD LIST:
DSMlink set w/ SD parts
Amber corners
93 Headlights
Valve cover w/ catch can
Trans/clutch/axles/jackshaft/flywheel
shifter cables
PTE Turbo setup w/ FP manifold

Junk List
Cyl head isn't useable as is...looks like a lifter got messed up and wore down the tip of one valve and also marred the crower spring retainer. maybe I can get a bare casting out of it?
Shortblock had a half-ass repair of front trans bolt...they welded a stud to the block...hack half ass. Will just pull crank out and scrap the rest.
rear end ....the diff was just a GVR4 diff with the pump removed...they left a big hole open on top of diff!!!
FMIC was utter garbage ....literally, Im just going to send it to scrap aluminum it's so hack
Bosch044 - both electrical terminals rotted/snapped off.
Front camber plates - corrosion fail.

All the rest of the parts are up on my website for inventory: PerformancePartout.com

All in all - this car was a FAIL on my end. not profitable, it wasn't worth what I paid for it, and I should have walked when the seller wouldn't budge on the price. Was cold/snowing and I didn't put due diligence into checking the car out, as I should have gotten under it and seen all the half - ass shitty welding and general hack work.

Last edited:

NateCrisman

oh yeah:

3" exhaust ended up being halfway decent. Includes a nice mitsubishi style o2 housing that's Vband to the downpipe..3" the whole way with Vband flanges by the muffler too. It's not listed on the website but, it's available for pickup.

NateCrisman

IMG_5115-X2.jpg

Going to be turned into chinese steel on monday Apr3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

boostme

Well that sucks. Body not that good that it deserves to die?

How's the drivers side fender? I need one

Last edited:

NateCrisman

Quoting boostme:
Well that sucks. Body not that good that it deserves to die?

How's the drivers side fender? I need one

It was hit in the front pass corner...like "sideways" into the front bumper support...and it bent the frame in (crumpled) by the pass shock tower and around the trans mount, and it squashed the radiator support over to the drivers side by about 1.5". Plus it was rotted/rusted pretty bad...bad enough that someone already bugger welded in patches in the front wheel wells. Front control arms were all rotted away ...like around the sway bar brackets..the sway bar was just flopping around.

it was a pile of crap car...deserved to die for sure. I stupidly paid $2000 for it...I should have walked away at $1400

NateCrisman

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts