The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Opinions and Experiences with 9.0 CR on a DD

snailspool

Also, be aware that even if you are not knocking, you may be in the danger zone still if you are relying on the knock sensor. If on a knock resistant fuel like e-85, high timing around peak torque on a high compression engine can make things go south quickly, even without knock, due to very high cylinder pressures.

matt92vr4

ECM Link here, so tuning is not a problem.

4thStroke

Since you will be running a similar to stock Evo 8 turbo, I would upload the stock Evo maps and fine tune it from there, spend most of the time in the WOT cells.

If you find yourself adding more timing mostly everywhere, upload the mofified Evo maps and fine tune from there. If it's knock happy, go back to the stock Evo map.

prove_it

Quoting tektic:
Who has a bin with an evo or 2g timing map scaled for a 1g

What?

matt92vr4

Thank you for the advice on the EVO maps. I didn't know that.

tektic

I'm using an ostrich to emulate a stock eprom. The 2g timing map has 16 rows. So does evo8 map. On a 1g there are only 12 rows in the timing table.

I'll figure it out. never mind.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned