The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Only making 125hp on the dyno? Let's double that!!!

RedTwo

Any soot around the connections between the head and the manifold and the turbo and the manifold?

Chad989of2000

^Not any I can see. The engine itself is still very clean (~3000 miles). A little grease here and there but nothing around the manifold area, looks like they're sealed very good still.

Chad989of2000

Swapping to an external waste gate did it (Tial 38mm to be more precise). Car put down 265whp @ 15psi...not too shabby, about what I was predicting for my setup. I will eventually crank up the boost a little, but for right now on pump gas, the car feels very strong. Thanks for all the help/advice guys.

Barnes

So what exactly did you do to the car between dyno sessions? Something else was wrong. You don't gain 140whp from putting an external on a 16g car.

boostedinaz

^^^^
He said earlier that he had really bad boost creep. My guess is that it started knocking and reatrding timing making for low HP numbers.

Barnes

Quoting chad989of2000:
Car is holding 16psi steady but not making any power whatsoever.

He only started boost creeping after he chopped his exhaust up. He was 16psi steady on the dyno.

Chad989of2000

Yeah my boost gauge is F'd up. It read 16 but translated to infinity more. At 15psi it only reads 10 psi, thus I was unable to detect the creep until I got it on the dyno. First time on the dyno it pulled the shut me off at 24psi or suffer action. Installing the external solved the insane creep and the car now holds a very constant boost and puts down some good power.

RedTwo

Boosting infinity? That sounds more like free boosting than boost creep /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts