The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

OEM Top Mounts. Front.

miller

I recently installed new Top Mounts and new shocks, say about 6months ago with less than 500km on them. Front right mount is knocking bad, i dissasembled it and it seems like the sleeve in the top mount was rocking slightly. Re assembled and the knock is worse than before.

Is it just unlucky with a bad batch or is there brands to avoid? Or is there something else to watch out for on the Galants?

KiNgMaRtY

If KYB still makes them, I would try to source some of those.
Most users have moved over to Coilovers and will use the Pillowball mounts. You can also install Pillowball mounts on the OEM tophats.

Imback

There is a guy who just posted a set of tein camber plates new in box on the galant vr4 page on facebook. I have a set of new gabriel in a box at work as well.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts