The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

OEM main bolts

gaylantvr4

I was always told don't align hone it if it dosn't need it because it raises the crank futher in the block due to the process.

BogusSVO

While I was working today, I thought of this thread.

Working on 2 7 bolt blocks, and an EVO block.

All are getting ARP main studs 207-5401 Torqued to 60 ft/lbs with ARP moly lube.

Main housing bore spec 2.4016-2.4024 .0008 is the target for a good bore.

DSM block #1 falls into spec when checked on 3 points, 6 and 12 point #1, 10 and 5 point #2, 2 and 7 point #3 Done in all 5 mains, #1, #2, #3, #4 checked on both sides of the oil groove.

No align hone needed, Cost to install main studs and check main bore $30

Evo block, Same method used.
#3 is tight by .005 under min spec, the other 4 mains are in spec.
Block will be align honed, Cost $175

DSM block #2 is up next, I will post what I fine.

DSM block #2, main bores are all in spec, also this was the later model block with the split thrust.

DSM Block #1 is a saddle bearing block, just in case any of you were wondering.

Last edited:

donniekak

There aren't 9 bolts, and 1 stud. There are 10 bolts. One of them has a small stud on the top of it to mount the oil pickup tube.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned