The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Not running a thermostat?

thomcasey

Glowshift sells a piece that you place in line with the upper radiator hose that holds a sensor. It is Billet aluminium. Works great...

Water Temp Sensor adapter

GSTwithPSI

Quoting prove_it:
What do you mean? I thought it was all polite gentlemanly comments over there.........

Usually, till I get involved /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

As was already said, running a T-stat is the best solution. I'd pick up a new lower housing and start over. I have a feeling that's what you'll probably end up having to do anyways. Or, you could just run the car as is and see how it does. Kinda gonna be guess and check, taking into consideration what's already been said in regard to possible drawbacks.

Olson

Quoting ktmrider:
Quoting Olson:
Now you see how this thread is very constructive now

Good job guys. when other people see this thread they will learn something other than running no stat is bad.

Constructive? How to half-azz something? Go back to your DSM mentality....

Well this car is preaty much a DSM....

prove_it

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/gtfo.gif

CarRacer

Amazon sells what I need to retain the sender location in the housing itself, so I'm going to order it if I can't find that part locally.

1/2" npt adapter.

prove_it

Hell your local Home depot racing might have it. Being a 1/2" with NPT should be easy.

Looks like you only need an extra 1/4" so I would think it would be that easy.

CarRacer

Stopped and got fittings after work today. They didn't have exactly what I wanted but I think what I got will get the job done.

Now I'm a little concerned that there doesn't seem like there's any room for water to flow around the sender inside the hex shaped fitting but I think as long as the end of the sender is in the water it'll be fine.

prove_it

Looks nice. I think it will work. Coolant show flow around it enough to get a close reading. It might read a tiny bit off? perhaps, but I'd think it's going to be ok.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
It may not read super accurately because the moving coolant will not directly contact, but I agree it will likely be only some small percentage off.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts