The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Not a VR4 owner but galant owner

GalantTuner10

I know all about keys 7g and GVR4. I think you're on galant tuners which I am as well.

DR1665

Quoting GalantTuner10:

DSC00208.jpg

Hey Chris, welcome aboard.

I know you're currently sporting mis-matched sheetmetal, but I gotta say it - those off-color bits make your hood look f***ing incredible. Before you re-spray everything, you really ought to consider preserving that look, maybe continuing that contrasting color up the pillars, over the roof, and down the back. Crazy hotness right there.

89Mirageman

Question for all you 7g Galant guys with the 2.4 7 bolt 4G64's. Do they all burn oil really bad? The reason I ask is because I have owned a few of the Summit/Colt Vista/Expo wagons with the same engine and every one of them burns oil. Other than that they ran like a top and had perfect compression.

Also there is a 94 Galant GS in the local junkyard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. White with a sunroof, 5 speed car too. Wish I could have gotten it before someone junked it. It's the 3rd one I've found locally in the junkyard too.

GalantTuner10

I have had 3 7gs and mine have all been good with oil. Also, is the motor in that GS? Very valuable as it has a factory forged crank and oil squirters and of course DOHC, and they were factory spoiler cars so their rear cover has no provisions for the 3rd brake light and it cleans up the look when put on a spoiler w/ brake light. I have a GS rear cover in my car.

Also in regards to color I really like the white but I have a friend with the same exact body conversion in white, but I have thought of painting the main body white then do the roof and pillars black like the talons have but idk how it would look. Latest idea was all black and paint the hood black as well because the clear always faded on CF parts.

fuel

The whole Sirius family of engines are known to burn oil quite bad, some engines burn oil right from new and some are fine for 200,000+ miles. The main issue is that the bores are really really hard and to counteract the hard bores Mitsubishi fitted softer rings to aid bedding in quicker and this lead to premature wearing and oil burning. Another issue is some of the top compression rings get fitted upside down by mistake in the factory. Some of the later 2.4 engines (mostly the GDI versions) also suffer from oil gumming up around the oil control ring drain hole and can be fixed by drilling out the drain holes larger, cleaning out the ring grooves and fitting new rings.

4Grim

Had 2 7g's and had no issue of burning oil. My current one has 160,000 miles on the original stock longblock and part of those miles it was turbo with no oil burning.

GalantTuner10

Hey Kev how are the cars doing? Good to see ya still kickin.

GalantTuner10

Hey guys, successfully boosted the 7G today with the help of my good friend DynastyLCD on here. Still have to put in a 255 as im running out of fuel and clean some things up, but here is a vid of the first start up after he did a quick tune on it, thing runs and drives mint.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned