The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

No start when hot..?

vrfour_nz

Anyone had a experience of crank but no start when hot,no fault codes..ECU & ISC is in great condition..thought I had a fuel pump problem but it tests fine. Runs a chip similar to keydiver with stutter,055 afm,560 injs. Maybe thinking a sign of the No 1 TDC sensor failing?

AnotherNewb

Check your coolant temp sensor. Most likely the cause. There is a test procedure but it eludes me at the moment.

Adorsey

Very common with the temp. sensor. Just look for any faulty or haggard wires that may need replacing on the t-stat.

vrfour_nz

Had a try on it today again..left battery disconnected and went back to it. Starts cold then after a few minutes of running turned it off and it will not start again. I've now tryed another water temp sensor,afm,crank sensor,tested fuel pump pressure with the checker terminal. The wiring is in great condition. Any other suggestions?

dmj

This is a wild card shot but takes less than a min , Start the car when it is cold then disconnect the fpr vac hose and check for a fuel/smell or leak .

Last edited:

Adorsey

Is that youre coolent temp sensor right there in the upper rad. hose?
Because the stock one is low on the t-stat, and is not the sensor on the direct top. I believe that is for ac.

mitsuturbo

What the hell is that thing sitting on the charge pipe? And what is that hardline running up to the fuel rail area from it for?

vtecds1

My guess would be a catch can and a vacuum line.

vrfour_nz

Quoting Adorsey:
Is that youre coolent temp sensor right there in the upper rad. hose?
Because the stock one is low on the t-stat, and is not the sensor on the direct top. I believe that is for ac.

yep i know..replaced the ecu coolant sensor on t-hsg,not the fan switch on the adapter

AnotherNewb

Do you have a data logger? Knowing that the ECM is seeing the temp sensor would eliminate the sensor. It could be a broke wire hidden under the insulation.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned