The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

No Power Steering even after replacing pump

I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed. I tried searching but didn't find anything.

My 215,000 mile '92 GVR4 that I have had since February 1993 power steering has failed. The leak is from the rear unit. I see there are lines running from the front to the rear unit. In a fit of disillusionment a bypass line was created linking the two rear lines thus creating a bypass of the bad rear power steering unit. Fluid was added and still no power steering.

A working replacement power steering pump was sourced from Nate at DSMpartout. This pump was installed. Still no power steering. If it is as simple as a bad working replacement pump that would be great.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I have enjoyed all 215,000 miles on my Galant VR4 and through the help of the members of this great forum hope to enjoy many more.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned