The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

No dummy lights, no crank

Lofty

Right, so I have my whole battery system rewired and relocated on my GVR4.

I have the alternator wire ran to my killswitch, and my starter is getting power from a power distribution block.

I have 12v to the starter, I have 12v to the alternator. I have 12v with the Accessory wire with key on.

When I first rewired everything key on would give me a chime and I had my dummy lights.

Now key on does not give me a chime, no dummy lights, but I have headlights and dash lights. I do not have a click from the MPI Relay so I think that could be the issue. I was not getting signal wire to the fuel pump either. Rewired it to Accessory just to test and it works that way. I was able to crank it last night but now it does not crank, I get one click from the driver side of the dash by all those relays. Am I missing a ground somewhere? My wiring is kind of hacked by the ECU but the pigtail and wires to the MPI relay are untouched. Am I missing a ground somewhere? I also have 12v to pin number 3 on the pigtail of the MPI relay with key on, and that's the only one I'm getting power to (I think).

Should I throw in a different ECU? My board looks just fine, no leaking caps etc. Should I toss another MPI relay in for fun? There has to be something real simple I'm missing. The wire on my column could have touched together and popped a fuse, but I'm not sure which one to look for.
Anyone have any input? Thank you

--Scott

Noobsauce

So this wasn't an issue Before you relocated the battery?
You have pics of where you grounded the battery to? And do you still have a ground from the body to the block?

Lofty

I've never even driven this car.

My relocation is all fine and dandy. It has nothing to do with that (I think)

I have voltage in all the places I'm supposed to battery alternator and starter wise.

The concerning thing is the car does the exact same thing with or without the MPI relay plugged in.

Lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts