The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Newbie from Indonesia

dannymb

Hallo everyone, allow me to introduce myself, I'm Danny from Indonesia driving 1993 Galant GTI DOHC 16V and planning to convert to VR4 latter this year.

bobdole

Welcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

EgonOlsen

It could be a dynamic 4, cant tell on that pic. It is the Dynamic4 bumper though, not the fwd one.

Hai.... welcome, selamat datang Danny /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

fuel

Quoting EgonOlsen:
It could be a dynamic 4, cant tell on that pic. It is the Dynamic4 bumper though, not the fwd one.

That bumper doesn't determine 4WD or not.. it is on more of the FWD models in Japan than it is on the 4WD models. Dynamic 4 is the name used in Europe ONLY and does not apply to the rest of the world.

Here's my JDM '88 VX-S which externally looks the same as an early VR-4, apart from being 2WD obviously.

IMG_3466.jpg

dannymb

Yes Sir, engine and drivetrain... except for the 4WS because most of halfcut came to Indonesia without it

Quoting mitsuturbo:
You're going to convert a 2wd galant into a VR4?

Is that correct?

dannymb

Galant came to Indonesia in 2 version, DOHC 16v and SOHC model, mine is DOHC 16v model, none of Dynamic 4 reach Indonesia, some VR4 did. The DOHC 16v are JDM model, the SOHC have different front and rear bumper and without foglamps in the front bumper.

Quoting EgonOlsen:

dannymb

Agree...

Quoting fuel:
Quoting EgonOlsen:

That bumper doesn't determine 4WD or not.. it is on more of the FWD models in Japan than it is on the 4WD models. Dynamic 4 is the name used in Europe ONLY and does not apply to the rest of the world.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned