The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

newb Q

I searched through some of the forum and I've only found sparse results, but does anyone have, or know of anyone who has ( links or references welcome), used these cars in autocross, fiddled extensively with the suspension & suspension geometry, altered it, tracking width, basically the inherent tendencies of this vehicle and what it needs for fixes. I have a certain something in mind for the girl using this as a dual duty 'grocery getter' and track car but want to take any use case examples that already exist into account along the planning.
Thanks.

G

Staff member

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting holycowman:
I searched through some of the forum and I've only found sparse results, but does anyone have, or know of anyone who has ( links or references welcome), used these cars in autocross, fiddled extensively with the suspension & suspension geometry, altered it, tracking width, basically the inherent tendencies of this vehicle and what it needs for fixes. I have a certain something in mind for the girl using this as a dual duty 'grocery getter' and track car but want to take any use case examples that already exist into account along the planning.
Thanks.

Many examples.

Quite a while back, but there were two members who used them for track cars, there was the One-lap car, and a few autocrossers. Mike Rosenfeld was one, but he has disappeared over the years. Current autocross guy is I think username vr4play, out of Cincinnati. He is active here still and had a WTB ad recently.

There are also a few rally cross guys, but not super active posting.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned