The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New York metro area machine shops(Westchester)

CmanorVr4

I'm out of the VR4 game for now having recently sold 962/1000. My go to machine shop guys in Elmsford, NY retired. I'm looking for a shop with 4g63 knowledge to recommend to the new owner of 962. He hasn't joined the forum yet but I'm sure he'll introduce himself soon enough. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

VR_IV_MR

close friends of mine who own one of the largest autobody shops in the metro area recommended Marco Albanese of NYCEngine Westchester Crank www.nycengine.com to me... located in East Elmhurst/Corona area. I was really noob at the time of my engine rebuild but he seemed to know his stuff and this is what he did for me:

we are building your motor with gen 2 turbo pistons on gen 1 con rods
we are balancing the rotating assembly
grind and polish 10/10
cryo crank
itm oil pump
3 angle head
bore&hone
acl race bearings

I did it back in April of 09 and have put on about 12k since then. Runs great. put down 225whp on a 16g at ~16psi on a dyno dynamics and a very conservative tune and worn out snow tires. still have the stock intercooler and it was totally heatsoaked.

I don't know if it was necessarily a good deal price-wise or not but I am just happy that I haven't had any problems with it.

I'll be honest though I would NOT have one of these cars without running ECMLink. That damn program brought attention to so many problems with my car (TPS, voltage issues, AFR problems, engine light, etc) Id be willing to bet that if I had bought ECMLink when I first bought my car, I would have never had to do an engine rebuild in the first place.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Last edited:

dmj

2nd vote for Westchester crank. Back in the day 1988 -2000 the company I worked for used them exclusively for all our engine machine work. I was there almost everyday Nice people,and top of the line machines They are on Northern Blvd close to Shea Stadium.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned