The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

new to the board

VR485

hello all i'm new to the board. i've been into galants since about 2002. I have owned 2 and rebuilt 4. my dad and bro both have galants. I posted some pics in the members rides you should check thrm out. Thanks

a2vr4

welcome! /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/smile.gif

Ooh, double digit dash plaque, nice! Welcome to the board. I'm sure you'll like it here and we welcome all the Galant experience you bring to the group.

Wow, your engine bay is impeccable! Very nice work. Where'd you get those trick rain visors from?

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Quote:
Ooh, double digit dash plaque

actually the more numbers the more valuable.
Welcome to the board.

EDIT: the above is a joke people, relax.

Last edited:

Higher numbers are roughly 14 times more common than double or single digit numbers; how does that make them more valuable?

4orced4door

Actually, since the cars were numbered at random, it doesn't make any difference unless you have a cool number like the first one, the last one, 69, 666, or 420. So you're both wrong. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/tongue.gif

Last edited:

I know they were assigned to the cars at random, but the numbers themselves were in order (for example, there's no #4032/1000, it only goes from 1 to 1000). I don't understand how a lower number's rarity supposedly decreases it's value; I would think that as you pointed out, unless a number is somehow "special," it should have no bearing on a car's value.

mikus

^+1, you'll be hard-pressed to find someone willing ot pay extra for anythign but maybe 1st and last number issued.

although #420 and #666 seemed to get a lot of attention in the FS area...

steve

OMG we're not going to possibly have this conversation. Welcome!

mistaVR4

Good to have ya on the board Ronan! /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/cool.gif This guy has a lot of great experience/knowledge, and has built some VERY nice motors! Definitely a great addition/asset to the board, and his GVR4 is truly badass!

This thread is strictly for welcoming the new board member, asking him a question about something or, to complement his car.

There will be NO MORE OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS in this thread at all because this is his introduction, not a thread to start "who's badge is better bla blah" F that.

Thanks!! /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts