The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New owner of 91 1078/200

navajo49

Hey Turbo are you the donor for these brakes too?

Jesus_Negros

No sorry. Just trans and a few other bits. The brakes came with the car unless Shane changed them.

Last edited by a moderator:

navajo49

Alright thanks he said something about them being off a 93 gsx possibly I'm trying to find some rear pads and the parts store was saying there's a different part number depending on the month

navajo49

Check it out don't know what the... happened here

Jesus_Negros

I don't know if any rear brake upgrade during 93' but I'm sure someone here knows.

navajo49

So 1g gsx fronts and vr4 rears? Sorry little slow today

rebelboost

welcome to VR4s! it looks like you found a real nice specimen. I hope the best for you and #1078.

navajo49

Thanks rebelboost.

Boost4U

That car has gone so far away!!! take care of it and if you have any questions let me know.

navajo49

Yeah I research allot on what I could find on it and it has been around the block and down the street and that's what makes it special.
So for the million dollar question what part is this

navajo49

What does it do? It's ground is bad and I think might be the reason for my fans not coming on any part number?

navajo49

Ok moving along I did a repair on the resistor next I've gotta hit pick n pull up for some relays and hopefully that will fix the fan problems they seem to only work when I turn on the a/c

GSTwithPSI

The resistor on the cooling fan allows it to operate at 2 speeds. In the stock configuration, the cooling fan uses a low and a high speed relay.

The low speed relay is activated by the thermo sensor located at the bottom of the radiator just below the cooling fan. When the thermo sensor sees 185 degrees, it completes a path to ground for the low speed fan relay and activates it. The low speed relay then supplies the fan motor with a path to ground through the resistor, causing the motor to turn at low speed.

The high speed relay is activated by the engine coolant temperature switch which is located on the water neck. When the switch sees 215 degrees, it completes a path directly to ground, bypassing the resistor. This allows the fan motor to turn at full speed.

The easiest way to test the fan circuit is to jump the terminals that plug into the thermo sensor located at the bottom of the radiator. With the ignition key in the ON position, unplug the connector and jump the terminals together with a wire or something. This will simulate the thermo (fan) switch operating. The fan should kick on. If it doesn't, you probably have a wiring issue.

See these threads:
click

click

Here's the diagram:
img.php

Last edited:

navajo49

Thanks for the diagram and info

navajo49

And that wraps up the fan issue replaced all the relays good to go!
Thanks for the info guy's.

navajo49

Well guys the tranny just took a nose dive possibly due to leak causing line pressure loss?? Not shure but it is done that's for shure now hunting down a used one don't have enough flow at this time for anything else. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

navajo49

So I'm parking it for the year saving for a built tranny and makeover not much help locally so far on a used trans or help for that matter so it will go to the shop for the tranny work unless I find a place close by to do the work and it needs a tune the afr's are off and some other stuff needs replacing as well. I will update as I go I'm going to go through wiring soon and give it a new look with red convoluted tubing and then move onto cleaning ic piping and intake manifold (getting the paint off).So until then....

navajo49

Couple of new parts to add 3 maf and ram horns

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned