The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New owner of 628/2000

Hi Guys,
My name is John. I've been on this forum for a little while, but I never formally introduced myself so here it is. I'm a proud owner of 628/2000.

I first came across a white Galant VR4 back in 1996 in my home town Albany, CA. I used to drive by this street with my first car, Honda CRX back when I was 16 years old and I remember seeing a white Galant VR4, white rx7 FD, white rx7 FC and couple of sport bikes parked by this house. When I saw that back then I thought to myself, "Damn, I wish one day I can be like him and own these cars!!". Well, my dream came true as I grew older. I've bought a rx7 FD several years ago and now I finally got a chance to own a Galant VR4. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh, and I want to throw in my $0.02 about this guy who owned a Galant VR4, rx7 FD, and rx7 FC all at once in case he is on this forum. "Hey, are you a freaking masochist or something!? These cars you've owned are nothing but headaches!!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

galantvr4008.jpg

galantvr4025.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

rgeier11

It looks great. Post the VIN number for the registry!

JSchleim18

Very clean looking. What are your plans with this car?

464/2K

You going to MOD??

Thanks for the nice comments! My initial plan was to keep it stock, but I don't think that is going to happen since the car is slower than I've expected. I need more of the high-end pull. I think I'm going to mod a little to achieve ~250 whp.

Right now, the car pulls from 3,000 rpm ~ 5,000 rpm, but the power flats out from 5,000 rpm and above. It almost feels like the turbo stops working after 5,000 rpm. The car currently have a HKS intake, 16g (16g - according to my mechanic. He said it's bigger than the stock 14g, but to be sure, I need to check the serial number on the turbo when I get a chance.) 3" dp, high flow cat, and a straight through muffler.

I'm planning to install the JDM Galant vr4 FMIC with stock pipes, a boost controller, a boost gauge and replace the fuel pump during this summer. Hopefully that will help me get to 250whp or so. As for the suspension, I'm running the AGX shocks with stock springs and it'll stay that way.

Last edited by a moderator:

nice car very clean. you should roll down to mod in july afew norcal guys are going. it should be fun

Nice looking Galant looks like mine.. LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts