The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New owner of 624/2000

manikbastrd

hey guys I just wanted to say whats up and see who is out here on the east coast...
Also I wanted to know if anyone had a complete list of necessary services for my 120k service and any recommendations from those experienced ones amongst us. thanks!
Manik
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

fivestardsm

Welcome! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Welcome
What's up with the "not so custom", trunk badge.....? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

JackbNimble

I noticed that too. I actually kinda like it compared to the normal setup.

manikbastrd

I want to debadge in all honesty...really origional I know, however I do not want to fade das paint....

Jesh

service? um... well i would replace the timing belt to start with. its kinda tricky to do but after 7-8 times it only takes you bout 2 hours:) and if i were you i would replace it with a kevlar belt not oem, i had an oem belt snap in half on me, and another shred the teeth off, cost me 2 whole valvetrains. the kevlar is bout triple the price of oem but its well worth it. considering it cost $300 for a whole new set of valves, not to mention the fun time you will have lapping them all in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif other than that, change your oil and filter, probly change your tranny, transfer, and diff fluid just for kicks. and you should be okay for a while /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif oh and don't forget the fuel filter.

manikbastrd

All fluids, plugs, and a new radiator have been done by me...LOL Im actually 724 not 624...oops...I have heard that the kevlar squeals a lot on 3S's...us too?
I was thinking about a port and polish on the head as well as valves and a cam(272) but am not sure on brands any recomendations?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned