The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New Owner of 1848/2000

91bgvr4

Well as title say's iam the new owner of #1848, funny after reading that intro article i laughed to myself about the honda jokes. I recently traded my Civic hatch for this Galant I recieved the car as a basket case but thankfully i have had a DSM since i was 15 and have the knowledge to put it back together.
So with that said i got the car home and in three days had it back together and running turns out it was a fresh rebuild on the engine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gifwith all arp hardware and oem belts and seals,so i think i got the better end of the deal. I have since been driving the car for aprox 4 months with little issues at all just a window regulator and fuel pump not bad for a 20+ year old car that had been sitting for 2 years.
Now that winter is approaching i have decided to do another build except this time around iam going auto...I know peoples back and forth oppinions but for me its cost effective because as an entry level technician and 22 years old i can't afford shep trans and twin disc clutch so auto for $500 is good with me also the wife likes the idea she will be able to drive it too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif haha. But thanks for looking and that is a little info on me and the car i will update as the swap and build progresses. Any questions or need help ill try my best to do answer and help you guys out either pm me or leave a reply

GSX_TC

Welcome to the org, yeah going auto should make for less problems in the future. Post some pics of you car.

91bgvr4

img.php

img.php

img.php

GSX_TC

Even came with a front mount, score.

91bgvr4

No i wish it did but thats off my old 1gb i had its an old school Busher fmic and was a pain to make fit decent,i also put a bb 3067 on it and its on SD with jackle. Removed the a/c and stock fmic they will be for sale as soon as i get my status up from a Newb haha

GSX_TC

The Buschur one is the one with those triangular style end tanks right?

GSX_TC

I always wanted to see that one mounted on a VR4. You on Facebook?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned