The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New battery location

mitsuturbo

I was thinking about putting an Odyssey PC925 in sort of a different place. I cut some cardboard to form a box of very similar dimensions, and took it out to 1411, since the fascia is off and it was chopped up a bit before i got it, it was easy to snap some photos of how things would sit. Of course, on 555 i'd be meticulous and things would look WAY more clean.

I think it would be pretty easy to fab up a bracket to hold a battery in this location. What do you think?

mitsuturbo

Quoting boostdtalon:
Looks like it would work and free up some space. Id look into a way to keep it protected from the elements.

555 has all the stock shields and metal in place. The fascia covers most of it. As i said, 1411 is a bit chopped up due to a prior (shitty) FMIC installation.

RedTwo

It was one of my possible locations for my Vertex battery, but it seemed to fit under the air intake quite nicely - it's only 50mm thick! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

cheekychimp

It should work. There should already be stock threaded holes under there to bolt up the European spec headlight washer reservoir that you might be able to utilize. I still have an airbox Curtis built for me that fits in that location. He built it with a bottom plate and side plate that boxed in the filter from both underneath and the engine bay. Together with the fender/splash guards something like that would be easy to fab up around the battery.

mitsuturbo

A PC680 would definitely fit better, but i wonder about how much charge they hold and how much cranking power they have.
Do they drain/die faster than a factory type battery? Do they provide the same amount of cranking power, even in the dead of winter, in the 20's °F ?
I was thinking the 925 might be a better pick, since a stock battery is rated at like 500CCA, and the PC680 is what.. only half of that, maybe?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts