The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Need help with JayRacing Rear Toe Elimiinator

Vr4junkie

Dam now I'm tempted to recheck my trailing arms thanks 467 this was driving me nuts for a while but those pictures help out.

Wizardawd

Local dealership tried that sh*t on me. 4 wheel alignment, $90, fine. But they didn't straighten the steering wheel stating I had to do that. BULLSHIT. I did alignments for years and that is the FIRST thing you do, straighted the steering wheel and lock it down, then you turn the wheels straight. Needless to say I refused to pay until they did it. And if it wouldn't have been right after a test drive, they would have done it again for free. I've been doing all my own alignements now. Time consuming, but I can do it my way and correctly.

Wiz

tektic

Quote:
I've been doing all my own alignements now. Time consuming, but I can do it my way and correctly.

What tools are you using?

tektic

I've done basic front toe with jack stands and string, but I need camber and rear toe done too. I guess it could be done the same way.

Align strings parallel to hub center on both sides, then straighten each wheel. I think the rear is 10mm narrower though.

What's the order of adjusting the rear? Toe than camber or the other way?

Last edited:

tektic

Thanks.

I was at the hardware store buing deck supplys and decided I needed to build alignment tools.

2-1/2"x10' electrical conduit. $ 2.06 each
10-12"x12x" vinyl tiles $.66 each
I allready have 4 jack stands (what Mitsubishi owner doesn't) string a level and a micrometer.

I'll post a picture in a new thread when I set up the rig.

presterone

That is a good idea using that tool kit.

I've been doing alignments on a hunter engineering laser beam crazy overpriced peice of sh*t for years, I just don't trust it. For whatever reason the adjustments constantly float around on the screen, after you drive it and throw it back on the lift the settings are way off and our customers constantly complain about pulling after alignments. Even though its mostly the road crown and they are idiots, there are a few occasions the alignment was way off after perfectly adjusting it. So cheers to you actually
Taking the time to meausure and have an alignment you can trust

tektic

That measurement helped Chris aka 16g16v and I out today. I ended up bringing it to the shop to have this alignment sorted out properly. I set my front toe with the string in my garage. It turned out to be only .05 off on the passenger side. There was way too much involved for me to get the rear right while working around the string setup. He said it wouldn't be an issue if I helped out on a Sunday.
The driver side was off and we had to turn the heim joint out 4 turns before the stock adjuster was in spec. I measured it to be around 4.75" and then the stock adjuster worked to get me .08 toe and -1.5 camber on both sides. Shop needs to charge me again for the front camber though. The front camber is still off.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned