The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Mitsubishi Owners Day 2011 Pics by GSX_TC

Quoting GSX_TC:
haha is that you in the black VR4 tshirt? yeah i dont play around when it comes to photgraphing cars. you should see how many pics AND videos i'll have when i get back from this years DSM shootout haha. im gonna have someone take a picture of me shaking John Shepherd's hand and then frame it on my wall

Ive been emailing shep back and forth and his car will be ready at shootout, should be interesting to see him and MAPerformance go at it.

GSX_TC

thats funny, ive been emailing him back and fourth too man, he told me that hes not sure if the talon will be done in time for the Shootout, because the car has gotten completely redone from the ground up, and nothing is the same on the car except for the setup and block. he said he'll try to finish it in time but the car is fighting him every step of the way. i hope he finishes it man, because this is going to be my first time going, and im REALLY looking forward to seeing the Talon in person and meeting him.

Thats strange this is what he told me as of June 30th. don't mind the top part i was asking him about trans advice..

Hello jesse,
I am all for overkill but not in this instance.

I would actually suggest a stage 3 and a single disc act 2600. You will hate your car with a twin and a welded center diff.

I plan on getting the car to the track a few times in the next w=month to get it ready for the shootout. It is pretty much done just need to get used to it again.

Thanks
John
Ps thanks on the GTR they have been a challenge but paying off for sure. We just had a car make 1248 whp with our gtr trans build J

GSX_TC

well heres what he said a few days ago,

"Hello Mike,
We are trying but the car has been fighting us every step of the way.

I appreciate the support after all of these years. Without this the car
would have just sat in pieces."

"We are trying. If I do not feel safe I will not run it though. getting a
chassis dialed in at this level is very hard."

"It has been a complete ground up build. The car is entirely new except for
the engine and turbo setup."

"I can't begin to list everything that has changed. It is basically an
entirely new car except for the powerplant"

"We had a typical roll bar 10 -12 point this is a 25.1 certified chassis much
like a pro stock car has"

yes

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 5:12 AM
To:
Subject: Re: Shootout

Hey John is the talon still going to be Awd?

mike

Thanks
John

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned