The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

misfire

Kenny_Kline

When ever I start my car up for the first time of the day, it has a clear misfire. After running for about 30-45sec, it goes away and runs GREAT! I have brand new wires and plugs. NGK coppers gapped to .028 I havent pulled the plugs to check them out but I am just hoping its nothing internal leaking that is causing a misfire.

Any ideas?

Kenny_Kline

This morning I started it up and revd it up to about 4K and could hear a fast tick like spark arcing somewhere then it went away. I checked all my wires connections and everything is good. hmmmm

It runs great otherwise. Doesnt misfire when driving, nothing. Only during warm up.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned