The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

METH

curtis

Ok I've welded more than a few bungs for the nozzles and most of the time I aim them right at the throttle body. If you had a huge turbo I would say go with multiple nozzles for better atomization but a small block of aluminum tapped for a single nozzle will do you fine. Don't trust a hole in the side of your IC pipe with a tap ran through it or a nut on the inside of the pipe. I have seen these come loose and a brass nut bouncing in your combustion chamber is a bad thing. Now there are some nozzles that can be installed in the side of the pipe and have a small tube like a basketball needle in them that you can aim with the airflow or against it to keep the droplets in suspension but a single in the elbow at the throttle body should serve you fine. Theres alot of add ons like the coolingmist valve that takes the pulses out as well as the coolingmist variable controller that lets you ramp up the mixture but like I said add ons. Also AEM has a badass flow meter gauge still haven't bought one but plan on it.

transparentdsm

ok awesome, im going to order my parts now and get this going, now i just have one more question. my IAT sensor for SD is really close to the throttle body, do i want to have the meth nozzle before the IAT sensor or after the IAT sensor?

EMX5636

Here's my setup. Running twin 500cc nozzles (coolingmist IIRC) angled towards the throttle plate as Curtis suggested too. You can see my IAT is after them, but mounted up top so droplets hopefully won't accumulate on it. Has been working great for a few years now.

Last edited:

transparentdsm

^ thank you very much, Justin(i want to say, not sure). your engine bay is like crazy nice and i see you have kept the A/C. nicely done.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned