The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Maybe something's bent? (Wheel vibration/pull)

toybreaker

iconoclast
A loose front control arm rear bushing can cause this.

Try and pry the rear of the arm sideways in its bracket and watch how much the pin moves in the bushing. Any more than a scosche will allow the caster to change relative to the loading the arm is seeing and that can lead to all kinds of weirdness.

DR1665

Swapped the rotors, loaded the arm, pried on the LCA joint. No dice.

At this point, it's gotta be the rotors or the ball joint, right?

curtis

Do you have stainless lines on the calipers or old rubber ones. Could have blockage.... something else and it happened to me. The rear caliper started the business your describing and was blow torch hot sometimes and others wasn't. Only thing I could figure out was the caliper was not releasing all the way. I went to get a rebuild kit at 8:45 since I need to drive to work the next morning. No dice so I replaced the piston seal with a normal o ring from there benchstock. The factory ones are square O rings and over time will swell and bind. I changed that and problem solved and is still in the caliper now. Weeks after the caliper ordeal it start making noise so I replaced the rear bearings and solved that.

If your in there anyway pull the caliper and use a air hose to pop out the pistons and use a hone to clean up the bores and reinstall the inter and outer seal. You might have one piston that's froze up, and do that saftey stuff place a board in front of the pistons so they don't come out at mach 12 and wear some glasses.

DR1665

Well, sir, that sounds a bit involved for my facilities. In changing the pads, the pistons/boots looked fine, if not a little dirty. They compressed easily and evenly with a c-clamp and the old pads. The car is running upgraded lines at all four corners. If it turns out there's a caliper issue, I'll just swap from the other car, but I'd rather not do something so extreme without knowing for sure, ya know?

DR1665

Possible developments... Looks like TOYBREAKER was right again!

Spent a couple hours test driving some new cars last night. Left the Galant parked at the Subaru dealer. (Wife likes the Forester). Got ready to leave and noticed the RF tire was very low. Upon closer inspection, the tread had begun to separate from the carcass in multiple places. With a load on the mounted wheel/tire, these slits were pushed wide open. There are a total of SIX such cracks spaced almost evenly around the tire.

Go figure.[/i]

14u2nV

If your wheel wobbled when you had it JSB, and changing the wheel to the other side didn't change it, then that is not your only problem.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts