The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Mas Wiring Repair

I would appreciate some insight into this, I have a GVR4 that had a GM MAF-T attached to it.

After weighing all the options, I believe it is best that I go back to a MAS, probably a 2G.

I already have a chip that is burned for 8,000rpm/780cc's/2GMAS that I bought, and I feel comfortable with that right now.

Since it was hard wired in, I don't know where the wires go.

I have a 2G pigtail, and I am willing to solder that up, however I cannot find the proper color code translation chart for what I am attempting.

any insights/thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

i

I have noticed that quite a bit of you are upgrading to the 3G or Evo mas because of its round properties, I went to menards and bought a $2 adapter that took care of the roundness issue.

fivestardsm

There is a few pages out there and on here that explain the diagrahm and what you have to do.

Also on Vfaq: click

Make sure to note that the GVR4 has two of the same color wires. It notes this in the Vfaq.

Last edited:

Thanks a lot for the input guys, normally I am a lurker, and normally I am able to find the correct information quickly, and thanks keydiver, looks like I have some work to do

Looks like one of the wires in question is already soldered to the pink wire for the GM MAFT.

According to this diagram, the "pink" wire is connected to pin 102 on the ECU.

So, now the question is, which spot does pin 102 on the ECU go to?

Muskrat

Check the How-to section. I posted a diagram of the stock ecu pin out with wire colors a while ago. Should help you out.

Quoting keydiver:
...The biggest issue you are going to have is that there are TWO Green/Yellow striped wires, so you need to tone them out to the ECU...

Forgive me for being a noob, but how do I "Tone" these wires?

Alternatively, both wires still have the GM MAFT wires still soldered to them, if someone here who has a GM-MAFT would be so kind as to take a picture of both sides of the male/female plug assembly, that would save me a huge amount of time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, I found this picture online

looks like this helps me out with 5 of the wires, all I need are the last 2

Last edited by a moderator:

Nevermind, looks like those wires are probably for a 2G style connector, colors don't match up at all, I'm back to square one.

If anyone had a pic of their cars wiring , back of the 1G or 2G plug, or a link that can help in this strange situation that I am in, please help.

Thanks

Yeah, I agree frustrating that nobody has found a solution to my issue, I feel a little better that nobody can figure it out, all it would take is for another GVR4 owner to run to the garage, snap a picture with a flashlight and a camera phone.

Also, for the two lines that are a mistery, I assume one can measure the ohms or the voltage to tell them apart, I also own a 95GSX, so I can probably steal the voltage/resistance readings from that.

I did read up on everything, but the information -at best- is difficult to understand.

I just took the information on VFAQ and painted the picture as I thought it was supposed to be

is this correct?

So the only thing to figure out is pin #1 and pin #7

I checked on vfaq, and on a 2G, pin #1 = +5Volts, and pin #7 = baro

So, I turn the GVR4 to "run" and check for 5 volts in the two green wires, which ever one has the voltage must be pin 1?

again, thanks.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned