The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

map sensors

dsmtalontsi95

The map sensor design, is that universal? The 2g swap I just finished has the stock map sensor with an air line stuck on it. I plan on doing the running the map on dsmlink v3 when they come out with a way to run that as the maf. Why I ask that question is because I was going to make something similar to what buschur has on their site for the map to bolt to a barb fitting, and I didn't know if the gm map's are designed differently.

ktmrider

Depends on which GM MAP you got ( had to re-read the post as I thought you were referring to the 2g having a MAP instead of MAF ).
Anywho, the Syclone, Typhoon, and GN/T-Types used 3-bar MAP's if memory serves. Most others were 1-bar. The prior 3-bar MAP's are the ones you want.
Check the GN or SyTy sites for more/better info and likely PN's.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned