The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

mad ground clearance

kartorium

New wheels look real gay, not sure why, but they just don't belong. I think you should have put them on the 92's.

Normally I don't mind the ggsx wheels, but in this application they don't look right.

turbowop

I had them on the '92 wheels originally. I can't stand those things. I guess don't like all the same sh*t afterall. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

4thStroke

A thousand dollar set of Volks look out of place on these cars, too. Even on 1051 (if that were the case). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Last edited:

464/2K

Quoting turbowop:
Lol. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowrofl.gif @ advice from Ricky.

marks advice isn't much better if any lurzzzzlurlurz /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

turbowop

Perhaps I should start a poll asking which of the two of us has actually helped more people on this site? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsdunno.gif

:lur:

Barnes

I think a pic next to 1051 would be very interesting.

4thStroke

Mark, with a welded center diff, 503 would be a wheelin machine. The possibilities. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

turbowop

Quoting BarnesMobile:
I think a pic next to 1051 would be very interesting.

Tru. Maybe if the weather is decent tomorrow. It's warm in the garage with the car cover on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hs.gif

Quoting 4thStroke:
Mark, with a welded center diff, 503 would be a wheelin machine. The possibilities. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

I'll see about ordering some Detroit lockers for it as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

464/2K

I double dog you and bof your monster trucks.

Quoting Polish:
nor is the fact it's not adjustable unless you buy camber bolts

I have had luck with a die grinder and a carbide bit elongating the camber adjustment slots in the strut to get the camber in spec... Just my 2 cents, I did alignments for a few years

atc250r

Staff member
Egging out the holes I'd be worried that under really hard cornering it'd slip and mess everything up.

CarRacer

I'm not sure on that. My ksports have elongated holes that allow some minor "coarse" adjustment of camber that is them fine tuned by with the camber plates. I haven't noticed any problems up to this point. I also think the design of the whiteline camber bolts supports that theory. They are much thinner than the stock bolts and don't see failure, so I'm not sure that area sees a lot of force applied to it.

With that said, I'd agree that it isn't the best way to get the needed adjustment for your car. There's better options that have less risk associated with them.

atc250r

Staff member
The Ingalls (sp?) ones have a cam shape to the bolt and the washers on the outside have teeth in them so its a lot harder for them to slip. Plenty of cars come from the factory with elongated holes though.

Last edited:

turbowop

On 1051 I use a combination of the Tein camber plates and Ingalls camber bolts to get -2.5 degrees camber. Haven't had any issues yet.

atc250r

Staff member
That's pretty much what I did. I added a bunch of camber with the Ingalls bolts and then fine tuned it to -2.5* with the plates. Never a problem here either.

John

That looks pretty hot, Mark. Are you using stock (style) struts on the car? How much room is there between the tire and spring perch? Or how much around the edges of the wheel well, ie does it rub the liner at all?

turbowop

I'm using AGX's with Ground Controls. The stock spring perch is cut off so I dunno if these would fit on a car without coilovers.

So far it only has rubbed on the driver's side when turning right sharply. Rubs on the fender liner where that plastic splashguard/cupholder under the ABS unit pushes it out. No big deal, it barely rubs.

jepherz

Staff member
I'd just check for tow with a tape measure, no need for toe plates. If your camber is off, it's not going to be enough to wear tires out anyways, as hardly any tire wear will come from camber IMO. You can check for camber too, but you'd want to have perfectly level ground for that.

I honestly think people make way too much out of alignments (Equipment wise). There's a reason longacre makes alignment products and there are guys with $60,000 cars can change their setups in a greasy parking lot.

Plus, the coefficient of friction is less in snow anyways /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned