The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Lurker Surfaces

Hello all! I have technically been a member since 2005 but always seem to find the information I’m looking for through searches here and from guides such as VFAQ, hence I have never actually posted. I decided it’s about time I stop looking for an unanswered question and just introduce myself.

My name is Tom, I live in MN and I have owned #476/1000 (belize green) since August, 2003. It is still my daily driver with 223K on the clock and while it burns/leaks a tad more oil than it did 100K ago, it runs just as smooth and pulls just as hard. Thanks to all the contributors here for helping me keep it that way for 100K! Oh, and if anyone here frequents the Ojibwe Forests Rally in Bemidji, MN or the Lake Superior Perfrmance Rally in Houghton, MI, you've probably seen my car parked near one of the many great stages.

Wow man 4 years of silence. .LOL Welcome.. Nice to knwo she pulls stong at 200+k mine has 179..

streetmasters

Haha! That's awesome- I think you set a record for the least amount of posts for the time registered!! Any pics of the car would be cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif....but I wouldn't want you to ruin your record or anything j/k!

Rausch

Nice to see you posting up! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

fivestardsm

I think I saw you in Houghton!!

I was working up there a few years back and was supost to work one of the stages for the rally, but didn't so I could jump around to a few different sections instead. A friend of mine used to run that rally in his DSM. His name is Matt Houkie, Owner of Matts Autoglass up there. Anyway, I saw a B.G.VR4 running out by the walmart heading into town toward the bridge for Hancock.

If you have pictures, please post them up so we can see, and it can be added to my Archive file I have started (again). Picture Post

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

That was probably me in Houghton. I've been there to watch that rally 6 of the last 8 years and the only VR-4's I've seen besides mine were two that raced a couple years back.

I'll see if I can find some proper recent pics tonight, otherwise it'll give me an excuse to get her cleaned up this weekend.

New title, Silent But Dedly
hsughno.gif

No good recent shots on hand other than this one of the momentous 200K rollover:

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry Posten

Quoting Hertz:
Now you'll have to start attending meets.

We need to set the next one up. But I want to get my car back together first.

BTW - Make sure Iceman has your # and VIN for the regestry.

Thanks.

Yep, he should have my VIN already. It looks like he has quite the registry going now.

CarRacer

Always cool to see another Minnesota member. Don't be such a stranger.

Wow, I'm glad you have your city listed. I actually moved just south of the new Shakopee High School a year ago. Looks like I have to update my city and we'll have to organize a Shakopee GVR-4 meet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Did you ever go to the Galant meet in Saint Paul last year? Good to see more Galants in the cities. Keep your eyes open for my black one I am quite a regular at Canterbury Park /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rausch

ONOES! Carracer is gonna have backup now.!!1!!1!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Haven't been to any meets. Looks like I'll have to get to one this summer, of course my bank account will probably scream when I come home with all sorts of things needing to be replaced/upgraded.

Polish

Quoting mudnsnow:
Hello all! I have technically been a member since 2005 but always seem to find the information I’m looking for through searches here and from guides such as VFAQ, hence I have never actually posted.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

It's amazing what can be found with a little searching.

Someone give this guy a new title, "Lurkness Monster" sounds fitting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Rausch

I'm voting for something on the order of : "M.C. Search" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Combining Besso and Polish's title suggestions to form the "Silent but Deadly Lurkness Monster" would sound pretty cool but I like the connotations of "M.C. Search" better.

Of course these thoughts are probably irrelevant as I somehow get the feeling I don't get to vote on these new title ideas....

Here is a pic of 476/1000 after getting all shined up yesterday:

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts