The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Lug nuts whats good and whats not...

H05TYL

Quote:
I have had issue's with brand BLOX back in my Honda days so those are out.

What issues?

JSchleim18

Anyone have experience with Rays/Volks lug nuts? Looking to run these with my TE37's

onesickcrx

Quoting H05TYL:
Quote:
I have had issue's with brand BLOX back in my Honda days so those are out.

What issues?

A friend had a cam break like the Crowers use too. I choose not to use there parts on my cars that's it

CP

Gorilla and Topline are all I sell.

onesickcrx

I bought RAYS lug nuts they came in today. Its 14 grams per lug nut of weight diffrence from the big Rays aluminum one compared to the steel mini tuner allen lug nut.

So with that said

.123458 lb per wheel with 4 lug nuts or .493835 lb on all four wheel with 4 lug nuts per wheel

.154323 lb per wheel with 5 lug nuts or .617294 lb on all four wheel with 5 lug nuts per wheel

In short its about 1/2 pound savings over the tuner steel ones

NateCrisman

2lb of rotational weight isn't anything to dismiss, especially if it comes with no drawback other than cost.

Barnes

I'm tempted to model these in Solidworks to see if the MOI change should even be mentioned. Unsprung weight? Sure, sounds good. But I'm skeptical the rotational weight change is worth mentioning.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned