The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Lowering my car

shredder2010

Hey im just wondering if anyone on here is running kyb agx shocks on ground control coilovers? If so would you mind posting a pic of the ride hight and how they ride. I have kyb agx shocks with what i was told stock springs and the front end sits lower than the back. Im just wanting to lower the back so it sits even and stiffen it up a bit and i was wondering if this would be a good route? Thansk, Eddie

boostedinaz

I would advise against putting AGX in the front. They are to tall and when the car gets lowered it only compounds the problem. In my Talon I had to be very careful with any decent sized bump or it would bottom out. If you don't mind spending a bit more the Koni inserts are nice for the fronts.

shredder2010

They where already on the car when i got it. I like them i just want it to be a bit stiffer. And the back sits higher so i want to lower it.

shredder2010

Yeah it looks nice but 17 is to big of a wheel for me although they look nice on your car.

boostedinaz

Quoting shredder2010:
They where already on the car when i got it. I like them i just want it to be a bit stiffer. And the back sits higher so i want to lower it.

In that case you can run them very easily. When you call to get your CrounD Controls tell them what you are looking for and what you alredy have and they will set you up with the correct spring rate. Also remember that when you start to lower the car you will have to get an alignment and you may not get enough adjustment out of the stock parts if you plan to really get it low.

Mine were a bit stiff but any coilover will be that way. I had my Talon pretty low so I went with camber plates up front and adjustable arms in the rear. Other than the AGX in front I like the setup a lot.

broxma

I agree that the AGX's are too tall in the front, really it's a problem where the bottom of the spring perch is. My car is on un cut Evo front lowering springs and it bottoms out on the slightest of bumps. I have looked into it further, and it is actually that the springs are hitting full compression and the coils are slamming together. I am considering getting a different front strut myself.

/brox

shredder2010

Mine never bottom out i love how low it sits in front. I just dont like how it so much higher in back it sits and how its not very stiff

iLLeffeKt vr-4

I had the agx/gc combo on my car when I first got it. The ride was harsh no matter what setting the agx's were on. Those shocks suck and can't handle drastic drops and high spring rates. Both fronts blew fairly quick and the adjustment on one of them got stuck.

I also had agx's on a 91 eclipse gsx and I went through 2 sets of them. They kept blowing so in my opinion they are JUNK. Go with a nice set of coilovers and call it a day.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned