The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Looking for solutions to very annoying problem

Quoting cheekychimp:
Quoting Blown1:
Remove the plastic end from the top of the key replace with a shorty screw driver head problem solved

img.php

Can you get me a couple of those? I'll gladly pay shipping!

Are you serious? just contact these guys they have all the nice ones includung matching shift knobs if you really want snap on usa heads let me know lol

click

Last edited by a moderator:

Quoting Garfield Wright:
Those rattles drive me crazy. I've solved most of them. There are still 2 that needs to get resolved, one is the hood & the other the front doors. The hook on the jam had some sort of hardened plastic cover on it @ some point but that's now all gone.

For the hood, I used a piece of radiator hose cut and folded and shoved by the drivers side hinge. That fixed the cabin noise of it creaking. Didnt have it with the carbon hood though.

blacksheep

Do you have a heavy keychain with a ton of keys etc? Try just the key and nothing else, maybe?

Felt tape on all the plastic panels - Thats what Infiniti recommended for every rattle in their TSB's. They even sold it for the parts that vibrated - dash, doors, center console, instrumentation etc - It was some 3M tape. It was ridiculous how many rattles the G35 had. I sold the car for almost that reason - no luxury car should be a rattle can.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned