The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Looking for a new clutch

Hey guys i just had my clutch go out on me...i pulled a pressure plate finger out of the hole for the clutch fork...i had a act 2600 in it and it could have been install error not really sure because i didnt install it...either way my car is making about 250whp if that...my goal is 350-400whp..ive read that soutbend is good really but i cant seem to find a dealer for one...any links would be helpful...im just looking for suggestions...

EMX5636

Unfortunately that's becoming common for the ACT pressure plates. Especially the older style ones. I've heard good things about South Bend, but never used them. I have had a good luck with Competition Clutch and Clutchmasters. Almost any shop can get them, but I get all mine through JNZ Tuning here. That's not a hard HP requirement to fill, so there are plenty of options for you. As of lately, one of my recommendations isn't going to be another ACT.

prove_it

I have two separate used 2600 pressure plates for sale. Let me know if your interested. Lower mileage good condition. typical paint flaking.

Kibby

I ran a competition clutch 6 puck. Held abuse but I couldnt shift it fast in my old 240

GVR4kauai

Act lite flywheel, act 2100 (or south bend pp) and south bend b-series disc. This is what I'm using now and so far its a awesome setup! They said if the b-series disc can't handle the power, than a twin disc is needed lol!

prove_it

I'm running 320whp with 10yr old act 2100. Sees a weekly launch and still slipping tires not clutch. New act stuff is junk i've heard though.

desant78

I'm at a similiar power level, ACT 2600 set up, street disk, ACT Flywheel. I'm at 40k miles and no issues at all. So from personal expierence, ACT seems to work well. But I could just be the lucky one.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned