The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

keydiver chip

jnava

Staff member

660cc injectors
2g mas
4500-5500 stutterbox
7500rpm rev limit
A/C cutout over 80% throttle
93 octane maps
These are the specs....I'm curious, he says its a stage 3 but my question is , does it have to be the awd version for a gvr4 to be compatible?

boostedinaz

No. The ECU has no idea if it is in a FWD car or an AWD car. All it does is run the motor.

jnava

Staff member
Local is selling it and I've noticed on some on the pics often show AWD on the details of the chip so i just wanted to make sure that i wasn't going to be screwed with a awd or fwd chip.

jnava

Staff member
just one second, what about some indicating year of ecu?

There are resistors in the ecu that specify whether is california or federal and AWD or FWD. These resistors are normally bypassed in the chip to assume federal/AWD.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned