The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

just picked up 182/2000

Didn't mean to call it a DSM if I did. Don't remember doing that.

Picked up a 16g setup for it already. Getting a few trans things done and the head dropped off this week.

After that it is almost time to drop the motor in it.

BoostedAWD91

excellent choice and find. Definatly looks to be in great shape.
Also u got the best color too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Another is rescued! Congrats and welcome. I don't mean to pry but did this thing land in your front yard from outerspace? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

wowzers

Haha. Spying on my other pics.

Spare trans that came out of a car with an engine fire.

started piecing it together.

EVO III 16G. need to pick up a few more things and the motor will be ready to be dropped in.

motor1.JPG

turbo.JPG

vr4199

That's cool man congrats. I had 181/2000 before I picked up 199/2000

Chad989of2000

so clean...even the wheels look perfect...dang.

boostingwild

excellent find..good luck with it man!

Been delayed by so many freaking parts its pissing me off.

Motor was set to go in last weekend but somebody sent me the wrong timing plate for the crank.

Here is how it sits now.

Car also know will have HKS 272 cams.

IMG_2839.JPG

IMG_2840.JPG

IMG_2841.JPG

IMG_2842.JPG

welcome good to see you on this board also haha.. good luck with the galant

Jesse

18% tint, has the windshield tinted also, but its cracked so a new windshield is coming soon

Last edited by a moderator:

Well it has been on the road for about 2 weeks now. It is at a local shop (Mayhem Motorsports) to get the part of the downpipe fabricated. Just needs and alignment and the wheels balanced, but the car is doing great. Pulls decent but needs tuning bad as it rich knocks. Should be a blast to drive.

4.jpg

Had some trans problems, but now the car is back together and running well. Time to tune it.

turbophein

Clean car! like the build keep updating us.

Finally got a CD Player in it. Wound up hardwiring it in due to the old one being stolen out of it and it was easier than patching another stock harness into it.

I am trying to get the shifter cables adjusted right for 3rd gear, at over 7k it won't go into 3rd very easily (the syncros are fine in the trans, we just went through the whole trans about a month ago). I still need to tune the car, hope to do that soon.

IMG00051.jpg

1990ggsxnj

Glad to see its on the road, good luck w/ the gauges.

Last edited:

Nartanian

oooh what percent tint?

15%, 35 on the windshield but that has been taken off now, cause with it you can't see a damn thing.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned