The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JIC Coilovers

I have an opportunity to buy a set of JIC Magic coilovers with the pillow ball mounts for a 1g DSM. I know that there are differences in DSM suspension setup and the GVR4 setups. My question to the all powerfull and all knowing forum is; will they negativley affect the handling of my galant? I am all about cornering, but with the price im getting on these, I dont know if i can say no.

Last edited by a moderator:

thedsmguy

These are the ones off craigslist.. I dont personally think they look much like 1g struts. I've shy'd away from them because of that. Aren't they supposed to have a loop at the bottom?

raptorWagon

Those are definitely not for a dsm.
The Rears should look like this, with the bushing on the bottom to mount to your trailing arm.
jiccomplete.jpg

jared50438

both set look different than whats on my galant.. arnt they suppose to have a U deal on the bottom of rear strut.

fivestardsm

Quoting raptorreed:
Those are definitely not for a dsm.
The Rears should look like this, with the bushing on the bottom to mount to your trailing arm.
jiccomplete.jpg

Yeah these^^ are just like the ones that I have, FLT-A2's. I'm not sure what the others are. However, do you have any other info on the ones you pictured? I ask because I need to find 2 front bodies that I could rebuild mine with.

RedTwo

Quoting jared50438:
both set look different than whats on my galant.. arnt they suppose to have a U deal on the bottom of rear strut.

Mine definitely look like the gold ones. From memory, I think the U shape one are for the rears of Evos (either early or late, I can't remember)

H05TYL

evo 1-3 have a bushing similar to vr4 ones (but not the same!), evo 4+ has the U shape.

I'm currently deployed and my wife found the setup on craigslist (I love her, she shops for my car and not for her!) in the ad the guy stated that it was off a 1g dsm. She is trying to get better pics, because i to realized what you guys are saying with the bottom mounts of the rear setup.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned