The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JDM BUMPER tally please

boostedinaz

Mark, have you had a lot of good luck with buying those bumpers from Malaysia? They always seem to be normal prices and some are in decent condition, but buying anything out of country always plays on my mind.

Last edited:

turbowop

Quoting boostedinaz:
Mark, have you had a lot of good luck with buying those bumpers from Malaysia? They always seem to be normal prices and some are in decent condition, but buying anything out of country always plays on my mind.

The one I just put on 503 was the first thing I've bought from that Malaysian company. I paid for it last Sunday with "buy it now" on Ebay and it was at my doorstep on Friday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif I didn't expect it so fast. Ended up being $359 shipped. Their feedback is good, and I got what I expected with no surprises, so I went ahead and picked up one of the JDM rears they have up right now. I had a choice of three and picked this one up for $199, plus the $199 for shipping, which sucks, but ~$400 for a decent shape rear is better than the $600shipped they were going for on this board awhile back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

I'm not sure how long they'll be available so easily like this, so I figured I'd better jump at the chance now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited:

Wizardawd

I wanted the bumpers when only the fogs were readily available. Now I have my bumpers and that's all that is around now. No fogs.....'sniff'

Wiz

TWEAKD4

Quoting turbowop:
Quoting boostedinaz:

The one I just put on 503 was the first thing I've bought from that Malaysian company. I paid for it last Sunday with "buy it now" on Ebay and it was at my doorstep on Friday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif I didn't expect it so fast. Ended up being $359 shipped. Their feedback is good, and I got what I expected with no surprises, so I went ahead and picked up one of the JDM rears they have up right now. I had a choice of three and picked this one up for $199, plus the $199 for shipping, which sucks, but ~$400 for a decent shape rear is better than the $600shipped they were going for on this board awhile back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

I'm not sure how long they'll be available so easily like this, so I figured I'd better jump at the chance now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

What is their Ebay user name? Most I have seen cost $400 +$200 for shipping.

turbowop

Everspring-Sports. Shipping is almost always $199 from what I can see and the price of the bumpers vary with the condition. The front one I got for 503 didn't come with any lights, and had a small tear I had to fix. I paid $159 for it. There was another one with blinker fogs that just went for $299. The ones that are $400-$500 are usually the RS versions, which go for more money I guess. To me, the reason these bumpers look better than the USDM ones, is because they don't stick out as far, so one extra venting slat isn't worth the extra $200 most charge for an RS version.

Last edited:

mistaVR4

Quoting kcpaz:
front here

Quote:
Everspring-Sports

Tried looking for that store and did a search on Ebay? Got a link handy? Just got my car painted and my front bumper is still a little worse for wear.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Sean92AWD

Do a search for e39a. Will pull up available bumpers.

deez

I got my rear bumper from EverSpring Sports also, great service and fast as hell shipping. Good people in my opinion.

Thanks for the responses guys,hopefully I will be adding myself to this list sometime in the near future.

JSchleim18

I picked up my rear bumper from them for $400 shipped. Good condition but I'm still gonna paint it.

I scooped the white jdm front on ebay from the same person. also got the last set of jdm brackets from curtis.

boostx

Front are rear here. They will have a new home soon.
You win Curits /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited:

turbowop

Quoting chris:
also got the last set of jdm brackets from curtis.

You won't need them with that bumper, since it will come with the factory brackets. Or are you just going to keep them just in case?

Quote:
You won't need them with that bumper, since it will come with the factory brackets. Or are you just going to keep them just in case?

I hope it does so it will bolt right up but the description didn't say it included the brackets his other ads did, ill just use it for backup or sell em. did he email you a tracking #?(everspring_sports)

turbowop

Usually he says if the bumper *doesn't* come with them from what I've seen. The ad for mine didn't say anything about them and they were still attached when I received the bumper.

He emailed me a tracking number only after I emailed him asking for one, which ended up being the day I received it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif He hasn't emailed me the tracking number for the rear bumper, and I don't think he will unless I request it.

BTW, lemme know if you ever wanna sell the blinker foglights that come with that bumper. If you ever install projector fogs instead that is.

Last edited:

gotcha! Ill email him now see what the deal is. If I upgrade the fogs ill keep you in mind. thanks for the info, cant wait to get it!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned