The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JDM bumper installation questions

dc_style

hey, turbowop.. my car is going to look almost exactly likt yours... besides the huge rims.
wink.gif

i'd also like to know the dimensions of your fmic and if the fog lights plug right up. thanks.

blacksheep

dc_style: Except for the E32 JDM clear corners which are 2 bulb design like the USDM ones and taillights, will need to re-wire.

This includes projector foglights, the ugly foglight/turnsignals, fendertops, JDM headlights and e39A clear corners.

turbowop

quote:Originally posted by dc_style:
anyone have pictures of the brackets? thanks. My intercooler piping didn't get powdercoated today so I had no reason to go work on my car. That means no pics of the brackets until tomorrow or sunday sometime.

My intercooler core is the "large" 2g Greddy core. It is roughly 2.75" thick.

img.php

sorry guys i didnt read this thread till today. as you can see the holes are oblonged to allow for adjustment. there is also a stop on the back for when you slide the bumper in and the grooves you see match the mounting area on the body.

hector

dc_style

those two peices are it? that replaces the whole bumper core and holds up the bumper? wow... impressive. no cutting for me i guess.

4orced4door

quote:Originally posted by hecdws:
img.php

sorry guys i didnt read this thread till today. as you can see the holes are oblonged to allow for adjustment. there is also a stop on the back for when you slide the bumper in and the grooves you see match the mounting area on the body.

hector
Part numbers? I made mine out of some unistrut type stuff, and am not entirely pleased with the results.

Quote:
2 bumper stays mb549501 & 02,

Ward

negative. my dealer says those #'s are no good. anyone else have any ideas what the correct part #'s are or where i can get these brackets? i have a JDM bumper on the way and need to plan out this installation effectively.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned