The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ISC?? We don't need no stinkin ISC!

I never saw this thread but I did it to my throttle body as well. Works fine. Not for pansies who can't handle a changing idle depending on engine conditions...

Mark

i bought my car w/ the ISC disconnected. now that the weather is getting colder here in colorado its becoming more annoying to have done but its still not a problem if i let the car sit for a few minutes.

does anyone w/ their ISC disconnected experience a loss in RPMs if they rev the car up a tad, like say to 2000rpms, and keep the pedal still? when i do that, and the car is still cold, it will drop from 2000 to like 600 and feel like its about to stall, then pick back up and be fine after that. just wonderin if anyone else noticed it.

when my isc blew and ruined my ecu, i made a block off plate. i have recently seen problems with my coolent temp raising and bumping down timing. i don't think it was caused by removal of the fiav and bypassing the lines, but you never know. also, i'm worried that i might have a leak coming from the plate, but thats my error, and won't happen if done correctly. my car stalls sometimes when dropping from higher rpms and when i'm turning [power steering], but i don't know if the stalling problem is from the isc or a bad mas. anyways, its another great way to eliminate wires and sh*t from under the hood...

sleepyvr4

fabbing a plate is too much work, however, is reversible. Bare tb's are cheap, so I did this to a NT 91-94 tb.

the liquid steel was later smoothed out. New tb seals, idles like a champ.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned