The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Is there a sunroof drain at the back of the sunroof?

Gimpin

I keep getting water on the floor of my galant ... I have checked the 2 drains at the front of the sunroof and I know they work. But my car is often parked on an incline so the water flows to the back. Is there a drain I didnt see at the back of the sunroof?

Gimpin

I've looked and dont see any ... there is just a large gap where the Sun roof slides in ... it looks like it is designed to drain to the sides but not sure where from there ... is there any way I can check or clear the drains?

mitsuturbo

Unless i'm mistaken, i seem to recall a tube running down each C pillar from the rear corners of the sunroof tray.

blacksheep

^^^ yep, I think they run into rear fender wells or something...I cannot remember but there are 2 rubber lines.

OP - Are you certain roof is shutting fully or have no damaged moldings. I may have missed where the water is collecting. If its up front on passenger side wheel well, its under the cowling or something, else heater core pissing...

Barnes

Quoting mitsuturbo:
Unless i'm mistaken, i seem to recall a tube running down each C pillar from the rear corners of the sunroof tray.

You are correct.

blacksheep

Remove C pillars and look under headliners? I remember when I stripped a black vr4 I saw them. Else, remove trunk panelling and look into the sides. They may be clogged or something...If I remember they came into the sides of the trunk and attached to tubes that draned out...this is going off fuzzy memory from 4 years ago...Else, thats the way it was on my Evo...Damn it, I am bcoming Ken Inn.

My sunroof is an aftermarket one by ASC. The drains are exactly where guys say it is. My sunroof leaks because I need a new
gasket for the top. The leak messed up my headliner. One day I'll get that fixed. Mean while, I used blue tape to keep the rain out. It works.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned