The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Is anyone running MegaSquirt

DSMTurbo2

Is anyone running megasquirt 2 v3.0 board with MS2extra 2.0 release?

I am really close to having this sucker good to go. I am confident that my wiring harness is all good, I just have not been to sure on the ECU settings because all the tutorials I have been finding for the 4G are for different versions of MS or MSextra.

Does anyone have a .MSQ file for 4g63 that I can use to compare with?

This has been an amazing project and has been quite taxing, but I am ready for the rewards.

PS I did find this if anyone has some MSQ's they would like to share. this

Thanks and cheers
Erik

DSMTurbo2

Is MS really that absent from this community? I thought someone would be working with it.

Diego

i would only use MS if i was building a full out drag... but i yet to hit that benchmark.
gl though on your journey cant wait for a full post on this! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

ktmrider

Alex/Bimmubishi just posted this click he may have more info.
You may need to hit Tooners else locate DieselGeek on one of the many forums he posts on.
You looking for both fuel and timing control?!? If both by the time you get all the required sensors you are gonna be very near the price of DSMLink....

DSMTurbo2

Yeah I already have everything I need. I am just working on configuring the unit. I have got on some of the other forums and have some great contacts but its moving a bit slow.

I will be running fuel and ignition but honestly see MS as being in a whole different league than DSM Link. Not to say either is better, just serve different purposes. I also feel that the price difference depends on where you go and what goodies you get. You really dont need any new sensors; an coolant temp sensor if you want it to be a little easier, map and IAT if you want to go with MAP in place of MAF/MAS (which I have). I feel the benefits of MS are going to be far more beneficial to me than Link.

Can I ask why you would only use MS for a full out drag car?

Thanks for the input guys.

Erik

Last edited:

ktmrider

From a timing perspective have you verified if the crank trigger is compatible with our vehicles?!? I know the MS unit ONLY accepts a Furd type EDIS waveform. If it won't work on the MMC signal you have to install a pickup and wheel onto the vehicle.
I looked seriously into the MS system years ago for a GM model, lots to like but it was going to cost me more to retrofit parts ( mainly to control timing ) than the comparable LS1Edit ran me.
The suggestion about the drag application ( or more specifically non-DD ) would be similar to those running VPC. The tuning potential is sweet but running SD can be tricky when you get climate changes and the like.
GL, let us in on the specific MMC info you come across.

You can use the stock CAS signal. You have to make modifications to the board itself, but it works.

click

Last edited by a moderator:

DSMTurbo2

Yeah KTMRider. A whole lot has changed in the past years with MS... I was myself pretty negative of the system when it first came out, frankly it wasn't that great (huge accomplishment but not necessarily an upgrade for us.)

The newer MS's have baro-adjustability for changing conditions (you do need to make adjustments in those conditions, but only once)

Speed density is actually not that tricky if you have the right inputs and sensors. From my understanding it can be one of the simpler systems to operate once it is set up. It is important not to get it confused with something like Alpha N, in where the only inputs you have are for TPS and RPM. This is formula one stuff and is definitely the fastest responding and most accurate, but as soon as atmospheric conditions change it all goes out the window.

As stated above the stock 1g cas is 100% usable and arguably simple to set up as most of it is done with the software you choose to use.

But yeah like I said it has advanced allot in a little bit of time, I think it is a viable option to look into. I will be running this on a DD explication as well and will be doing this with complete confidence. I do know people who have been running this system year round in Michigan (four seasons and fast changes in weather) for some time and the cars really are better than factory almost all the time. Go check out MSefi.com and I think you may be surprised.

I think the biggest hurdle here is just configuring the software for a specific vehicle as the whole system is changing at such an incredible rate. 4G63 tutorials that were created a year ago are out of date on some of the info; Thats the problem I am running into now.

Erik

Andy_S

Megasquirt is pretty cool. My friend has a tpi setup running it. Takes a lot of messing around to get everything configured. He had the most trouble with warm up enrichment. I looked into MS and did a lot of research but I came to the conclusion that I haven't reached the limits of the stock ecu and therfore MS would be counterproductive. If the stock ecu is no longer enough, MS in the next best step IMHO.

kaiju

my friend is running a megasquirt 1 with a v3 board on his turbo mirage,i have a ms1 ver2.2 at the moment (not in the car)but i am thinking about selling it for the ms1 v3 but boostforfun is using the ms2 ver3 on his galant click here

DSMTurbo2

Just wanted to let everyone know. Its alive!! up and running!!! Have not even started tinkering with my maps yet, and am already so happy with the purchase and all the struggles from setup. I am really excited to really get into this software. Already it is running better than my chipped stocker.

Thanks
Erik.

DSMTurbo2

Yep, bought the parts through DIY, brushed up a bit on my soldering... Then jumped in. Very rewarding.

Last edited:

Did you buy a stimulator? I bought a built board, I just haven't ever tried it. I would love to try it in my mirage though.

GVR-4

Quoting DSMTurbo2:
Just wanted to let everyone know. Its alive!! up and running!!! Have not even started tinkering with my maps yet, and am already so happy with the purchase and all the struggles from setup. I am really excited to really get into this software. Already it is running better than my chipped stocker.

That's cool. Please keep us updated.

DSMTurbo2

I used my buddies stim. I would say it is definitely worth it, but not entirely necessary, just really helpful if something was wrong.

Will do.

Erik

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned