The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

interesting discovery v.sunvisors

turbowop

So I picked up some used sun visors from "bruce988jl" and they arrived today. I really only wanted the passenger side for 503 since the one on my car was falling apart like some of them do. Turned out nice, thanks dude. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyway, while installing it, I noticed that the driver side visor that was already on the car looked nicer than the one on 1051, so I decided to swap them...

No can do. Notice the difference in the pics below. Sunroof visors are a bit shorter in the middle than non-sunroof visors and the lower left is less curved to fit the different headliner. Guess 1051 will have to keep the visors with the more wrinkly warning label after all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I guess it's a good thing the passenger side visor I bought from Plesko years ago for 1051 came off a sunroof car. I had no idea.

381gvr4

Thanks for the find. I just noticed my PS is coming undone and I'm looking for one. Nice to know before purchasing. Thanks Mark!!!!-Russ

I swapped my old one out for a sun-roof N/A visor. If you read the GVR-4 visor, it says something out letting the terbo warm up or something like that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

turbowop

Yeah, I know the vr4 visors have the turbo and auto belt warnings and the NA cars just have the auto belt warnings. I just didn't realize the things were shaped differently for the two different roofs.

spoulson

Along with 7000mi oil change interval recommendation... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Yea but at least it tells you NOT to shut the car right off and let it idle for 60 sec's or so the let the turbo cool down.. Never saw a car with that before.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts