The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Intake pipe for Galant

turboflanagan

Is there an intake pipe that will attach to an 18g that will stuff a gm mas and a 3.5" K&N filter up behind the headlight and against the fender?

It has been so long since I have looked at modding this thing, I don't even know where to start looking.

I called Dejon today and the guy I spoke with said he didn't really know what would fit on the Galant. They don't make anything for it and didn't know if anything would fit.

Do I just need to have something made, or does somebody make one already?

Muskrat

I'm assuming you've relocated the battery?

Anything that works for a 1G will work for us, in that case.

turbowop

Just use one of the Dejon intake pipes made for a DSM and add a longer piece of hose to connect it to the turbo, effectively pushing the filter closer to the fender. Works great.

Lonewolf64

Quoting turboflanagan:
Is there an intake pipe that will attach to an 18g that will stuff a gm mas and a 3.5" K&N filter up behind the headlight and against the fender?

It has been so long since I have looked at modding this thing, I don't even know where to start looking.

I called Dejon today and the guy I spoke with said he didn't really know what would fit on the Galant. They don't make anything for it and didn't know if anything would fit.

Do I just need to have something made, or does somebody make one already?

Why would you run a GM MAS if you are planning on running it preturbo? I thought the only reason for running a GM MAS was to put it post turbo so you could run a vented blow off valve. I would just run a 2g or 3g MAS in the case of running a MAF pre-turbo. As for what intake to use, any 1g intake will work as long as your battery is relocated (including the Dejon tool and FP intake pipes). Good luck, happy modding! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

blacksheep

Yeah, I would put the MAF on IC pipe (Throttle body side) and just run any old intake pipe on it - dejon tools or make your own if you want. I wouldn't put the MAF on the turbo inlet.

Heck, you could even cut out where the stock battery sits and make your own cold air by running pipe and filter in there. My 1st gvr4 had this setup coz it was running a VPC.

Talk to the wopper - he is running MAF-T, I think which is slicker than the exxon valdez.

toybreaker

iconoclast
Quoting turboflanagan:
Do I just need to make this out of lego, or does somebody make one already?

Fixed that for ya. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

turboflanagan

Quoting blacksheep:
Yeah, I would put the MAF on IC pipe (Throttle body side) and just run any old intake pipe on it - dejon tools or make your own if you want. I wouldn't put the MAF on the turbo inlet.

Heck, you could even cut out where the stock battery sits and make your own cold air by running pipe and filter in there. My 1st gvr4 had this setup coz it was running a VPC.

Talk to the wopper - he is running MAF-T, I think which is slicker than the exxon valdez.

I don't have enough room to put even the gm maf on the intercooler pipe without very sharp bends immediately before, after or both from the maf. The 2 ft of intercooler pipe with the pwr air/water intercooler won't allow it.

And if Legos are good enough to build Ferrari's, then I think they will do on the G-ride! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Lonewolf64

If you can't fit the MAF post turbo, then why in the world you want to "downgrade" to a GM MAF? 2g MAFs are fine up till near 500whp and Evo 3 MAFs are even more free flowing.

turboflanagan

I have been running the gm maf for years now and am finally getting around to putting some sort of respectable intake pipe on it.

I am, however, looking for a dsmlink and 2g maf for it also.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned